суббота, 11 апреля 2020 г.

Bored?
Keep your mind busy. Can you identify the fruit in each sentence? (There is a fruit in every statement).

Let's give it a try.

Example: Did you see a man go by? (Mango)

1. ​He found his home lonely after his dog’s death.

2.​ One dare not rob an anaconda of its prey.

3.​ The crook made his escape armed with a gem.

4. ​She told her uncle money was what she needed more.

5.​ If I go out now, I shall miss my cousin.

6. ​Either courage or anger made him move swiftly.

7.​ The beggar held out his cap pleading for money.

8.​ Matters regarding rape should be dealt differently.

9. ​The English teacher Ryan teaches French too.

10.​ He saw his papa yawning at work.

11.​ He had kept on his lap lumpsum of money.

12.​ Are classes for Telugu available in this city?

13.​ It is easy to shape a child rather than a man. 

14. ​He is an extremely cheesy guy.

15.​ Can I wear a khaki with a black shirt?

Please try....

Common Mistakes 🔹

7⃣
❌ Although we were running late, but we watched the movie.
✅ Although we were running late, we watched the movie.

8⃣
❌ I enjoyed from the show.
✅ I enjoyed the show.

9⃣
❌ I look forward to meet her.
✅ I look forward to meeting her.

Idiom of the Day

📚Have got (one's) number

❇️Meaning
If you have someone's number, you understand what kind of person they are and what they plan to do so you know how to deal with them.


✳️That team is impossible to beat—they've had our number since 2006!

✳️Oh, don't worry — I won't let him cheat me. I've got his number.

✳️Don’t worry, I’ve got his number. I shall be very careful in any business I do with him.

canvas/canvass

These words are spelt slightly differently but are pronounced in the same way.


Canvas is a noun that refers to a kind of heavy coarse cloth that is used to make tents, etc, and also used by artists to paint on.


Canvass is a verb meaning 'to try to get people's votes in an election of some kind' as in:


 politicians canvassing for votes.


 🌀 ⭐️Trying to be someone else is rejecting who you are.

 🌀 ⭐️Learn to appreciate yourself because it feels good to be appreciated.

🌀 ⭐️Distance yourself from argumentative people because they often unconsciously project internal conflicts onto external reality.

🌀 ⭐️When others can fill your inner void, you may unknowingly think that you have found your true love, and ignore their toxicity and other aspects.

🌀 ⭐️If they start to love bomb you, this can be the beginning of your negative karmic relationship. Know yourself through your blind spots.

🌀 ⭐️Your comfort zone becomes your darkness when you refuse to see the truth that makes you uncomfortable.

🌀 ⭐️If you were neglected in your childhood, be careful not to use this deep impression to neglect yourself and others.
🌀 ⭐️ Also, be careful not to go to the other extreme and become an attention seeker or clinger.
🌀 ⭐️Love and give yourself what your inner wounded child wants from others.
Respect yourself and don't hang with people who see you as a low-hanging fruit.

🌀 ⭐️When others say you are not good enough for them, listen to understand. Know that they may be talking about their values.
🌀 ⭐️If their value is money and you don't make enough according to their standards, you are not good enough for them. Uphold your own values. You are good enough.

🌀 ⭐️Some people will never like you because your light shines on their darkness and they are not ready to see that shit yet.
🌀 ⭐️Trust your feelings, not how others feel about you.
🌀 ⭐️Some people will try to reduce you because your growth irritates their ego.
🌀 ⭐️Some people will never believe in your magic because they have none.

English Tips

  🌀 ⭐️ 8 ways to ask for help:

1. Please help me out, I am having some trouble figuring out how this works.

2. Can I please ask you for a favour? I need help with this presentation.

3. Would you mind holding this for me, please?

4. Could you please drop me to the station? I'd really appreciate it.

5. I would need your help with this assignment, do you mind staying back for an hour?

6. Could you please courier me the documents? I forgot to carry them.

7. Would you mind if I make a call from your phone? My phone's battery has completely discharged.

8. May I request your assistance for this project?



Tips For Speaking English



Idioms and Phrases Lesson Categories

🔸It Totally Slipped My Mind

Meaning/Usage: To forget something that you had to do

🔸Explanation: When you "slip," you fall. When it falls from the mind, it is no longer there. So when you forget about something, it is common to say, it "slipped my mind."

🔸"I was meaning to call you but it totally slipped my mind."

🔸"There was something I needed to do today but it totally slipped my mind."

🔸"Sorry I forgot about your birthday. It totally slipped my mind."


🔸A. "Did you call your mom and dad and wish them Happy Anniversary?"

🔸B. "Oh no! It totally slipped my mind."


Other Common Sentences

🔸"I completely forgot."


10 Ways to manage stress:
ఒత్తిడిని ఈవిధంగా నియంత్రించ వచ్చు

1. Exercise.
2. Get more sleep.
3. Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
4. Meditate.
5. Take regular short breaks.
6. Manage your time effectively and efficiently.
8. Learn to say “no.”
9. Reduce multitasking, focus on priorities.

Agreeing

👍So true
👍I agree
👍Exactly!
👍Precisely!
👍Quite right
👍Absolutely!
👍Damn right!
👍You're right
👍Fair enough
👍I think so too
👍I second that
👍I feel the same way
👍You can say that again!

[12:36, 08.04.2020] +91 95570 96560: GET IT RIGHT

✨When attend means ‘to be present at an event or activity’, it is not used with the prepositions to or at. It is simply followed by a direct object:

🔸You go to university, attend to classes, but learn nothing about the real world.❌
🔹You go to university, attend classes, but learn nothing about the real world.✅

🔸They are able to attend at important meetings.❌
🔹 They are able to attend important meetings.✅

✨In the same way, when attend means ‘to go regularly to school, mosque etc’, use a direct object (not attend to or attend at):

🔹It is the right of every child to attend to school.❌
🔸It is the right of every child to attend school.✅

🔹This year saw a peak in the number of students attending at universities in Sweden.❌
🔸This year saw a peak in the number of students attending universities in Sweden.✅

✨Don’t confuse these meanings with the phrasal verb attend to something, which means ‘to deal with something’:

🔻My assistant will attend to all your travel arrangements.

🙏Stay Home, Stay Safe, Learn English. 💜
 #Proverb_Of_The_Day

"Where there's a will, there's a way"
- hard work will overcome any obstacle
🟩కష్టపడితే దేనినైనా సాధించవచ్చు.
🟪మనసుంటే మార్గముంటుంది

👉"Where there's a will, there's a way and someday a vaccine for the Coronavirus can be found."
👉"Where there's a will, there's a way and the woman works hard to earn money for school."


🟧🟨🟧🟨⑉⑉༄🇮🇳༄⑉⑉🟨🟧🟨🟧



🙏Stay Home, Stay Safe, Learn English. 💜

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий